It is hard to imagine that something ‘good’ came out of the COVID-19 pandemic but surprisingly, there are a few things that improved during these trying times. One of these things that we would like to mention that pertains to this article, is the decrease in traffic-related injuries and deaths during 2020.
If we go further back, the statistics revealed that there had been a 32% increase in fatal crashes for the five years preceding the Covid pandemic. Now, if we extrapolate this data to post-Covid, and include the fact that there had been no major preventative measures or prevention strategies implemented since, it is safe to assume that this terrible statistic would continue to grow into the future.
Important steps to take after an accident
• If anybody is hurt, or any driver is intoxicated call 911. • If there are no injuries, but a hit and run occurred, or any driver is unlicensed, call 1-877-ASK-LAPD to report the accident.
• If there are not any injuries and all parties have a driver’s license exchange information. This involves exchanging driver’s license information, registration, insurance information, and driver’s telephone number. No report will be completed by the LAPD for this type of collision.
• If you have struck a stationary object or parked vehicle provide your information with the owner of the property/vehicle. You can leave your information on a piece of paper on the windshield of the vehicle struck or in the mailbox for the property you damaged. No report will be completed by the LAPD for this type of collision.
• If a traffic collision report had been taken and you would like to obtain a copy of the report call 213-486-8130
Post-accident medical treatment
• Headaches or dizziness
• Neck, Shoulder, or Back Pain.
• Pain in other parts of the body and bruising
• Numbness or tingling sensations
• Mood changes
• Abdominal pain and upset stomach
• Ringing in the ears
• Painful eye movement
Why choose St. Andrew’s Medical Center?
The personnel at St. Andrew’s Medical Center in Los Angeles are experts when it comes to dealing with auto collisions. Not only do they know how to assess, diagnose and give the proper prognosis, they are also experienced in dealing with the psychological trauma following an accident.
In addition to the physical care and mental support that they provide during this traumatic and trying time, they will also assist you in legal matters. As a value-added service, they are able to put you in touch with their top-notch lawyers that you can speak with once you are feeling better. The attorneys offer free consultations and would be able to tell you if you are eligible for claiming damages.
If you wish to continue, the initial consultations are free and you won’t ever have to pay anything until you won the case. This is yet another example of how the people at St. Andrew’s Medical Center go the extra mile to make sure that you return to being your happy self in the shortest time possible, with the least amount of stress.
Contact us for more information. We are eager to be of service to you and are standing by to assist you in whatever way we possibly could.